Dan Seseske, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
The Saint Stanislaus Confirmation program is required for all ninth graders who are parishioners of Saint Stanislaus Church and desire to be confirmed. Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation are the three Sacraments of Initiation. The Sacrament of Confirmation is “necessary for the completion of baptismal grace. For ‘by the sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Hence they are, as true witnesses of Christ, more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed’” (Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), no. 1285).
Confirmation is a great and powerful Sacrament. The Catechism of the Catholic Church states the effects of this Sacrament:
- It roots us more deeply in the divine filiation [becoming adopted sons and daughters of God], which makes us cry, “Abba, Father!”
- It unites us more firmly to Christ
- It increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us
- It renders our bond with the Church more perfect
- It gives us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross (CCC, no. 1303).
Completion of the program requires the following:
- Weekly attendance at Sunday Mass and on Holy Days of Obligation
- Attendance at Sunday morning class sessions
- 24 hours of Christian service
- Attendance at Confirmation retreats and other special Masses or events
For class sessions, the students will complete Dynamic Catholic’s “Decision Point.” The program was developed by internationally-known speaker and author Matthew Kelly and his team over a four-year period and was released in 2014. For more information, go to dynamiccatholic.com/confirmation
Youth group praying in front of Statue of Our Lady of Fatima
Good Shepherd & St Stanislaus Confirmation video 2015
Good Shepherd & St Stanislaus Confirmation video 2016
Click here or the photo below to view and or download the photos!